FAQ Men’s Movement Community
Q: What is the Men’s Movement Community?
A: The Men’s Movement Community is an online personal development community for men. It’s a gathering place for men and the people who love and support them. We built the community around an online social network with support groups, a blog with guest authors and a course catalogue filled with courses in transformational learning and personal development. We are also creating a database of available resources for men.
Q: What is the aim of The Men’s Movement Community?
A: We are a safe space for men to share our story and to get support, knowledge, and resources to get on with the journey we are on. We share around situations like; divorce, custody battles, legal struggle, struggle with mental health, a personal crisis, a career shift, midlife changes or an exploration of one’s story.
Q: What does my community role mean?
A: There are different community roles for various members.
- Administrator – is one of the community administrators.
- Author – can publish on our blog without having to ask for permission.
- Contributor – can publish on our blog but it has to be approved by an admin.
- Instructor – is a member who did create a course in personal development in our Learning platform. Apply here.
- Participant – is a forum participant, you can discuss the topics in the forums you are a member in.
- Subscriber – this group includes the vast majority of our members. You can access all of our content, but you can’t publish content.
- Vendor – is an author or teacher or some other professional who applied to sell your content in the store of Mensmovement.com. It could be a book, magazine, course in digital files, etc. Welcome with an application here.
Q: How do I publish a post at the blog of Mensmovement.com?
A: You go to http://mensmovement.com/wp-admin/ and log in. Then you go to ”posts”, ”add post”. Write your post in the window and when you are done press “send for review.” If you have your picture, set the image at the bottom right corner of the page “featured picture.” You need to own the right to all the image you upload to mensmovement.com; please keep the file size under 250 k and the size 1280*600 pixels. One of our editors will look at it in a day or two and either publish it or get back to you with suggestions.
Q: Will I keep my rights to my content?
A: You will always retain your legal rights to your content, pictures, blog posts, etc. We are happy you want to share, but we believe everyone should own his or her content.
Q: You have a list, am I automatically on it when I become a member?
A: You will get a mail asking you to confirm you want to be on our list shortly after you are accepted as a regular member. If you have created a profile here with Twitter or Facebook API, you have to ask us to put you on our list and give us your mail address manually.
Q: Do you have any rules about members’ behaviour?
A: Short answer: Be nice. Men’s Movement Community is a safe space, and we welcome all kind of different people here. We will under no circumstance tolerates racism, fascism, stalking, or threats of phycological, physical or sexual violence. Obviously, if a member is throwing threats or is being hateful, we will expel this person in no time. We will save the IP numbers of members behaving unacceptable.
Q: Who can become a member of the community?
A: Any person or organisation interested in men’s issues: individuals, professionals, businesses, NGO:s and political parties. Coaches, psychologists, teachers, instructors, journalists and learners. We want a broad member base to include as many different points of view as possible to get a diverse and inclusive community.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column]